WHEELTOP Warranty Information
Warrants to the original retail purchaser that the WHEELTOP bicycle division product for which they received this warranty, is free from a defect in material and workmanship for a period of one year.
Limits Of The Warranty
WHEELTOP’s sole obligation under this warranty is to repair or replace the product, at WHEELTOP’s option.
Limitations Of Implied Warranties
The duration of any implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise, on this product shall be limited to the duration of the express warranty set forth above. In no event shall WHEELTOP be liable for any loss, inconvenience, or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise resulting from a breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein. Some locations may not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and some locations may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from location to location.
It is the consumer’s responsibility to regularly examine the product to determine the need for normal service or replacement.
This Warranty Does Not Cover The Following
1. WHEELTOP products that have been modified, neglected, or poorly maintained, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, or involved in accidents.
2. Damage occurring during shipment of the products (such claims must be presented directly to the carrier).
3. Damage to products resulting from improper assembly or repair.
4. Damage resulting from causes other than non-conformities in materials and workmanship, including but not limited to lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
5. Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics, or appearance of the product.
6. The labor required to remove and/or re-fit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly.
7. Normal wear to the product.
How To Make A Claim
If you wish to make a warranty claim, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our customer service team will advise you of the process involved in making a claim. When submitting a claim, please have the order number of your product ready and the original proof of purchase, showing the date of purchase and all details of the product.
Any claim under the Limited Warranty is subject to you notifying us of the alleged defect within a reasonable time of it coming to your attention and, in any case, by no later than the expiry of the Warranty Period.